The Hepatitis C Support Project has compiled a list of the top eleven hepatitis C news stories of 2005. It's a good list, and I'll be posting about several of these stories in more detail over the next few weeks. For now, here's their list (HCSP says they've listed news stories in alphabetical order, and not necessarily order of importance):
1. Saliva-based test developed for hepatitis C
2. HCV replicated in a test tube
3. Hepatitis C Epidemic Control and Prevention Act
4. HIV/HCV Coinfection Treatment Guidelines
5. Needle Exchange
6. Pegasys plus Copegus FDA Approved for HCV Treatment in HIV/HCV Coinfected Patients
7. Revised Estimate on HCV Infection in the U.S.
8. Schering's Protease Inhibitor
9. Valeant's Viramidine
Click on the link above for HCSP's summaries of these news stories, and watch for more details on this weblog.